e diel, 17 qershor 2007

Entry #003

My grandfather came over today at my grandmom's (also my father's) house today. I haven't seen him for about a whole year. He has Alzheimer's disease. He has had it for several years now, not much time left for him. The thing is, I used to play pranks on him and be annoying and obnoxious around him as a kid. This was before I knew the seriousness of the disease. After that he has disliked me a lot. He held a grudge against me. Everytime he would see me he would attempt to threaten me and cry "Get the hell out of here!" or something alont that line. It was very pitiful to me. I didn't want to annoy him anymore by 12 and 13. Sadly I still did a little, but It really is not a funny issue.
I really do love him. I probably won't cry when he passes though. He's in his 80's and the time is just about right for his passing. Anyways, I came in the living room and saw him. Same old thick glasses, big and buldgy but yet kept his eyes at the same appearance. New haircut, cut short but still with a fuzzy bush to it. A weak and calm face, with the expression of confusion. The same clothes that will always remind me of the Cosby Show. Then he glanced up at me. He smiled.
Now wait a minute. This man is smiling at me. He must be completely senial. But then he started laughing. Sarcasm maybe? Maybe he's about to say "I'm going to kick your ass" with a clever getaway so everybody thinks he's joking with me. He does not beat me by the way, he's not that evil. After the couple seconds of laughter that felt like hours he looks at me in deep concentration and asks me who I am.
...
...That really got to me. He knew everybody else except for me. I guess his hate brain cells faded away. I mind as not know who he is either. This officially means that I don't exist to him, meaning that he's dead to me. He was a nice man. He used to be an employee at a school. I might not see him again. He's at a nursing home now. I'll miss him, but then again, I've been with him enough.

Love you pop-pop.
8:05 PM
Sunday, June 17, 2007.

Nuk ka komente: